Tuesday, May 29, 2012

a few more flowers

I'm being a bit lazy so thought I'd add more flowers.  I have a few more photos of odds and ends and will get those posted soon.  I can't figure out the exact coreopsis the flowers are - I suspect there is a mixture.  I will narrow it down more shortly.  I think the majority of them are Golden Tickseed or some relative but I haven't made a final decision. 

I think this purple flowers are a Belladonna or trompillo.  I know it's related to the potato family.  




Poor thing.  It's the last bluebonnet of spring by the side of the road.  Still blooming bravely amid the yellow flowers.

2 comments:

Steve Schwartzman said...

The yellow flowers look like they're greenthread, Thelesperma filifolium. The others could be western horse nettle, Solanum carolinense; that's pretty similar to silverleaf nightshade, Solanum elaeagnifolium, which is the trompillo you mentioned.

Nancy said...

Thank you! I need to quit being so lazy. I used to pull out the books immediately but seemed to have gone into a decline. Still working on getting good photos with my little camera.